Well, the title of this blog is probably rather unusual. However for those who know me, it is rather true. I am not a person who shares my opinion openly or even what I really think and feel about situations freely with others. In fact, when Daniel and I first got married, for the first couple of months he had to pry about how I really felt about things before I actually told him. He does NOT have that problem now! lol This is because I am a person who just likes to keep to myself for the most part! My mom told me every time we would switch churches the more I began to be like this, and I did not even realize it! The only people I really share my truest feelings with and what is really on my mind is a list of five people lol
You may be asking yourself....okay where are you going with this??!! Well, I have had a couple of thoughts on my mind the past several weeks and something in the back of my brain was saying "write about it." After much thought and argument with myself I finally gave-in. A couple of weeks back I was talking with a good friend of mine about contentment. I kept asking myself, "is it possible to being content in today's society?" Well, the answer is yes, but it is SO hard! Every time you watch T.V. or surf the internet or even just a drive down the road it seems like something else is being thrown in your face! It could be a new dress at a store, a nicer house you pass, or some extravagant idea on pinterest. Well, the thoughts kept going on in my mind of why is that we think we have to have the biggest house, the most extravagant decor or even the highest brand name clothes?! I really believe because that is the society in which we live in today. NOTHING is wrong with these wants or desires or even having them. However, I believe when that is all that takes up our thoughts or wishes or makes us ungrateful for what we have then it is wrong!.
I began thinking of all God has given me in my life. The awesome privilege it is to be His child, first and foremost! He has given me so much yet tend to overlook so many times! I am married to the love of my life and best friend. There is not a day that passes that we do not have random conversations and laugh! He has given me the best mom, dad, and sister! I talk to them everyday (several times normally) and they have become my best of friends! My mom and sister are my best friends always there for me when I need to vent or just a person to talk too! He has been the provider for all of our needs and even many of our wants! So I began asking myself.....why would I want to have another person's life or why should I want more? The answer is I shouldn't! I have everything I need and even more! God has a purpose for everything he has done in my life and why some times I may wonder why.....I need to realize God has a purpose for everything. Why it is not wrong to want things.....the idea God wants us to have on an everyday basis is contentment and with that comes joy in our life!
~Camille
No comments:
Post a Comment